August 24, 2008

New Map Mode

About a day ago, I came upon a new map mode. It's called "Keep Away", and it looks like it may have a lot of potential.

The way it works is two teams fight over one flag, and the team holding the flag at the end gets a point. It's a novel new play type, and right now, I'm just working out some bugs and trying to figure out the best way to implement it. I have done a few test runs, and it's best suited for a small map. At this point, I'm torn between just adding it to a existing map (Crisscross?) or making a whole new map altogether.

Also, I've been having major problems with the tube map. I have spent many a sleepy night trying to get the tube to spin right, the player to not get pushed through the wall, or stopping the whole tube from spinning. It's turning into a major problem, and it may just be one of those quickie maps where I make it, and throw it up on a server when it's a slow night (for those who where on for Sniper_Whatever know what I'm talking about). I'll keep playing with it, but it may turn into one of those good ideas that where never able to work (of which I have plenty).

No comments: