August 27, 2008

Map Update

Alright, so the madness of the Heavy update is over, and the new weapons are out. I think it's about time I sit down and remake Melee_Volcano to make sure that it correctly disables the right weapons. While I was at it, I thought I would make a few changes. It shouldn't take too long, just about a day or so. I'm still working on the other types of maps. This is what I thought I would change:

1. Make the lava so that you can fall into it, not just fall on top of it.
2. Make it so that you can land and ride the rocks.
3. Make the pit rounder.
4. Add proper terrain texturing and ground displacement.
5. Fix some props not showing up; having odd shadows.
6. Make a better skybox. The last one was just slapped together.
7. Fix spawn dirt mounds. Some players complained of getting stuck when touching it.
8. Make posts across lava a little bigger near cap point.

Post a comment if you want me to add anything else, or leave something the way it is. Or if you just want to leave a grammatically incorrect rant about how map makers are the devil.

1 comment:

8bitCaged said...

man that is sweet i just downloaded like 100 of thous Mario ones for around my nes