July 30, 2008

Wordpress

I haven't really had a major problem with Blogger, but I have been looking around for a different blogging client. I have been looking closely at Wordpress, as they seem to be the best competitor/alternative. Here are some of the nice things I like about Wordpress:

1. Integrated stat tracker. Right now I'm having to use a third party one, and it just shows how many hits total.

2. More themes. I like the flexibility.

3. It has the URL I want, for the most part.

4. It doesn't seem to be that hard to switch over. I'll do some test runs before I do, just to make sure that I don't lose anything. But for the most part, it seems that all I have to do is just link to this site.

5. It just seems to have more features than Blogger. Although one thing I don't like is that Wordpress occasionally show ad's on it's users blogs.

Let me know what you think in comments, not that you really care. Oh, and I hope Blogger doesn't 'accidentally' delete my account for talking about a competitor.