April 9, 2008

Stuff

A couple of things.

Even though I released Showdown_V2 yesterday, I'm thinking about retracting it for some mild bug changes. The problem is that the fixes are minor enough so not to require me to call it Showdown_V3. The thing is about re-releasing a map with the same name is that it can get confusing for people. Like if the few people played it on the server, then I change it and it gets uploaded again, people who try to join won't be able to play because the map they have (on their computer) and the one on the server is different. But I don't want to start calling my map Cp_Showdown_Beta_V2_Tweaked. So I don't really know what I'm going to do.

Also, I want to make a mod. I've had some fairly good luck with map making, and I am fairly good with basic coding. I have some friends that are willing to help. We would start off small, like just a 2D sidescroller. It would just be a team of three guys. I would probably make the maps (go fig) and do a lot of the dirty work. The second guy would do the art work, like making all the backgrounds and sprites. The final guy would write all the coding and stuff. Right now, its just a thought, but I think it would be cool if we could make like a little one or something. But I don't think its going to go far. This is probably going to turn out like a summer band, you have big dreams at first, but all you do is eat pizza and kick each other in the nuts.

No comments: