April 7, 2008

Showdown_V2 Release!

I finally finished Showdown_V2 ( Official name Cp_Showdown_Beta_V2) and in my opinion, it's the best map I've made yet! It took me a long time, and for awhile there, I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish it, but I managed to get through it. You can download it on the right ->.

List of changes and uninteresting facts:

1. Added a trench through the map.
2. Made the map wider, to accommodate the trench.
3. Shortened the distance between spawn and first room.
4. Added a skybox, to help with the illusion of the map.
5. Turned off warning when other team is capping middle point.
6. Added formal lighting.
7. Added more props to hide behind.
8. Fixed some exploits.
9. Made changes to health and ammo.
10. Added secret!

Official Name: Cp_Showdown_Beta_V2
Size: 6.1 Mbs
Total time to make: Approx. 3 weeks.
Total hours working on map: +20
Total changes: +652
Number of lights: +60
Number of textures: +40

If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the section that says "comments" (Did I really need to say that?).

No comments: